Adapted from The Sweet Life Online
3/4 cup flour
1/3 cup sugar
1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup unsweetened apple sauce
1/4 cup + 2 tablespoons coconut milk
3 tablespoon canola oil
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
1/4 cup vegan butter (I used Earth Balance)
2 tablespoons coconut milk
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/2 tablespoon light corn syrup
2 ounces dark chocolate
1 cup icing sugar
8 Oreo Cookies, chopped
1. Preheat oven to 350°F and grease a 6 cavity doughnut pan. In a bowl whisk together flour, sugar, cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
2. In another bowl mix together apple sauce, coconut milk, canola oil, and vanilla. Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients and stir just until combined. Pipe batter into doughnut cavities, filling to the top.
3. Bake doughnuts for 12-15 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean. Cool in the pan for a few minutes before placing doughnuts on a wire rack to cool completely.
4. For the chocolate glaze, in saucepan over medium heat mix together the vegan butter, coconut milk, vanilla, and corn syrup, until mixture starts to simmer.
5. Stir in chocolate until melted and remove from heat. Stir in the icing sugar until smooth. Glaze your doughnuts and place onto a wire rack.
6. Top doughnuts with desired toppings like crushed Oreo cookie crumbs and let glaze set, about 15 minutes. Serve & enjoy!
Makes 6 large doughnuts.