Idea from BBC Food
1 batch Polish Sweet Dough
2 cups icing sugar
1 teaspoon unflavored gelatin powder
1 cup whipping cream
2 tablespoons icing sugar
1/2 cup seedless strawberry jam
1. After the dough has had it's first rise, turn it out onto a floured surface, punching down to release the gas. Divide the dough into 15 pieces, weighing about 70 grams each.
2. Form each piece of dough into a ball and then form into a 4 inch long log. Place logs onto parchment paper lined baking sheets, placing about 2 inches apart.
3. Let buns rise in a warm place until doubled in bulk, about 40 minutes. Brush buns with eggwash and then bake at 375°F for 12 minutes or until browned on top and hollow sounding when gently tapped on the bottom.
4. Let buns cool completely on a wire rack. For the icing, in a shallow bowl mix together icing sugar and enough cold water to make a smooth thick paste. Dip tops of buns into icing and let icing set.
5. While icing is setting, prepare the whipped cream. In a bowl or stand mixer with the whip attachment, beat cream until soft peaks form. Add gelatin powder and icing sugar and continue to beat until stiff peaks form.
6. Place whipped cream into a piping bag fitted with a star tip. Place jam into a piping bag with a small corner cut off. Sliced the iced fingers horizontally, leaving one long edge intact.
7. Pipe in whipped cream into the middle of each finger, followed by a piping of jam. Arrange your iced fingers on a tray and serve! Store any leftovers (yeah right), in the fridge!