Adapted from Group Recipes
1 cup unsalted butter, softened
1/2 cup cream cheese, softened
1 cup sugar
1 egg yolk
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 1/2 cups flour
jam (I used seedless strawberry)
white chocolate buttons or Wilton candy melts
finely chopped walnuts
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray mini muffin pan lightly with cooking spray.
2. In a large bowl cream together butter and cream cheese. Add sugar and salt then blend until fluffy. Mix in egg yolk and vanilla. Add the flour and mix in on low speed until cookie dough forms.
3. Using a tablespoon measuring spoon, scoop out level tablespoons of dough and roll into a ball. Place dough ball into prepared muffin pan.
4. Using the handle of a rolling pin or other utensil, squish the dough ball into the muffin cup, about two-thirds up the side of each cavity.
5. Fill each cavity with 1/2 teaspoon of jam. Bake cookies for 15 minutes or until golden brown around the sides. Cool in the pan for 5 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
6. To finish the cookies, roll the top edges into melted white chocolate and then dip into the finely chopped walnuts. Let chocolate set and then serve & enjoy!
Makes 57 cookies. If you need any Christmas cookie ideas, this is it!