Adapted from the Food Network
1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
1 cup unsalted butter, softened
1/4 cup sugar
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 cups flour
1/3 cup sugar
1/4 cup packed brown sugar
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
3/4 cup raisins
1 cup finely chopped walnuts
1/2 cup apricot preserves
3 tablespoons sugar
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1. In large bowl cream together cream cheese and butter. Add sugar, salt, and vanilla and mix until fluffy. Add flour on low speed until soft dough forms. Turn out dough onto floured surface and form into a ball.
2. Cut dough ball into four pieces. Press each piece into a disc and wrap in plastic wrap. Chill dough for an hour or until firm. For the filling in a bowl mix together sugars, cinnamon, raisins, and chopped walnuts.
3. For each disc of dough, roll out on a lightly floured surface into a 9" circle. Spread 2 tablespoons of apricot preserves over the surface and lightly press 1/2 cup of the filling mixture over the preserves.
4. Cut the circle into 12 wedges, and for each wedge, starting at the long end, roll up like a crescent. Place on a wax paper lined tray. Freeze cookies until firm, about an hour. Preheat oven to 350°F.
5. Line baking sheets with parchment paper. In a small bowl mix together the sugar and cinnamon. Place frozen cookies on the prepared baking sheets. Brush tops with eggwash and sprinkle with cinnamon sugar. 6. Bake cookies for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown on top. Cool cookies on the pan for a couple minutes and then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely. Serve & enjoy!
Makes 4 dozen.