Adapted from Inspired Taste
1 1/2 cups flour
3/4 cup sugar
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/3 cup canola oil
1/3 - 1/2 cup milk
1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 cup fresh or frozen blueberries plus a handful for topping
sugar for topping (I used pearl sugar)
1. Preheat oven to 400°F and line 8 muffin cups with liners and fill the remaining four cups with some water, about 2 tablespoons in each.
2. In a large bowl mix together flour, sugar, salt, and baking powder. In a measuring cup place canola oil and egg. Fill cup with enough milk to reach the 1 cup line. Mix together.
3. Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients and mix only until combined. Do not over-mix. Fold in blueberries. Divide batter among muffin cups. Top batter with a few blueberries. Sprinkle some sugar over top.
4. Bake muffins 15-25 minutes or until golden brown on top and toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool muffins for 10 minutes in the pan and then place on a wire rack to cool completely.
5. Serve muffins slightly warm or at room temperature! For storing, keep muffins in an airtight container. Enjoy!
Makes 8 muffins.