Adapted from Delicious Magazine
- I used a 10x15” pan and lined it with parchment paper for easy removal.
- I blind baked the pastry base at 350°F for 15 minutes with weights and 5 minutes without until lightly browned.
- I let the base cool for 5 minutes and then brushed it with eggwhite to seal the crust.
- I used seedless raspberry jam.
- I used large eggs instead of medium so I removed 2 tablespoons of eggwhites.
- I used maraschino cherries.
This cake freezes very well before decorating! When making the icing, it will be a thick but spreadable paste, and will set if left to dry. These bakewell slices are delicious!