Adapted from Nestle
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1 3/4 cups flour
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 cup cocoa powder
1 cup semi sweet chocolate chips, melted
1 can (300ml) sweetened condensed milk
1 cup semi sweet chocolate chips
2 tablespoons butter
3-4 tablespoons cream
1. Preheat oven to 350°F and grease your mini loaf pan. In a large bowl blend together sugar, eggs, and oil for about 2 minutes or until pale and thickened.
2. In a bowl sift together flour, baking powder, baking soda, and cocoa powder. Add to egg mixture followed by melted chocolate and sweetened condensed milk. Stir until well combined and thick batter forms.
3. Divide batter among molds, filling 1/2 full. Bake 22-25 minutes or until toothpick comes out with just a few moist crumbs. Let cool completely before icing.
4. In a large bowl place chocolate chips and butter. Microwave on high for about 1 minute, stirring after 30 seconds, until chocolate has melted. Add cream and heat for another 20 seconds on high. Stir until smooth.
5. Dip tops of cooled cakes into the chocolate and then let topping set before serving. Enjoy!
Makes 1 dozen.