1 package quick rise yeast
1 teaspoon sugar
1/4 cup warm water (110°F)
1 cup warm milk (110°F)
50 grams butter, softened
40 grams sugar
550 grams flour
1 1/2 cups whipping cream
3 tablespoons instant vanilla pudding powder
1/3 cup icing sugar
1. In a small bowl combine the yeast with 1 teaspoon sugar and warm water. Let stand until foamy, about 5-10 minutes.
2. In a stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, mix warm milk, butter, sugar and pinch salt, until the sugar has dissolved. Add eggs and yeast mixture, combining well.
3. Add the flour and mix well. The dough will be very sticky. Scrape down the sides of the bowl and cover bowl tightly with plastic wrap. Let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 30-40 minutes.
4. Deflate dough and turn out onto a floured surface. Knead a few minutes and add flour as needed. Divide into 16 pieces, weighing 2 ounces each. Using floured hands, round each piece into a ball.
5. Place on baking sheets lined with parchment paper, space at least 2" apart, about 8 per pan. Cover with damp towels and let rise in a warm place until doubled in size, about 30 minutes.
6. Preheat oven to 375°F and brush tops of dough with eggwash. Bake sweet rolls until golden brown on top and browned on the bottom, about 12 minutes. Let cool completely before filling.
7. Using a stand or hand mixer, whip cream until soft peaks form. Add pudding powder followed by icing sugar, and continue to whip until stiff peaks form. Place into a piping bag fitted with a large star tip.
8. Cut buns in half using a serrated knife and pipe whipped cream filling in the middle. Place the top back on and dust with icing sugar. Serve & enjoy!