Adapted from Grit.com
1 ounce semi sweet chocolate chips
1/2 cup strong coffee
1 cup sugar
1 cup flour
1/2 cup cocoa powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 cup butter, melted
1/2 cup sour cream or plain yogurt
1/4 teaspoon vanilla
1/4 cup cream
3 ounces semi sweet chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 300°F and grease 6 mini bundt pans. In a small bowl mix together coffee and semi sweet chocolate chips and microwave in 30 second intervals until chocolate is completely melted. Set aside.
2. In a large bowl whisk together sugar, flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, baking powder, and salt. Set aside. In another large bowl whisk egg until light and pale and then gradually drizzle in melted butter.
3. Add sour cream and vanilla to the egg mixture and stir until smooth. Gradually stir in the cooled coffee mixture followed by the dry ingredients, adding all at once, and stir until smooth and combined.
4. Divide batter among prepared bundt pans, filling half full. Place pans onto baking sheet and bake for 30-35 minutes or until toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Invert cakes onto a wire rack to cool.
5. While cakes are cooling, prepare ganache. Microwave cream until hot, but not boiling, about 40 seconds. Pour hot cream over chocolate chips and let sit 5 minutes. Stir until mixture is smooth and glossy.
6. Once ganache has cooled, pour some over each cooled cake. Serve with a dollop of whipped cream and or some fresh berries. Enjoy!
Makes 1/2 dozen mini bundt cakes.