Adapted from The Food Network
1 1/2 cups flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup plain yogurt (I used sour cream)
1 cup sugar
zest of 2 lemons (about 2 teaspoons)
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
1/2 cup vegetable oil (I used melted butter)
2 cups icing sugar
3-4 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease mini loaf pan molds and line each with a strip of parchment paper.
2. In a large bowl mix together flour, baking powder, and salt. Set aside. In a large bowl whisk together plain yogurt, sugar, eggs, lemon zest, vanilla, and vegetable oil. Add dry ingredients and stir until combined.
3. Divide batter among prepared loaf molds, filling half full. Bake cakes for 20-22 minutes or until golden brown around the edges and toothpick comes out clean. Let cakes cool completely before glazing.
4. For the glaze, in a bowl mix together icing sugar and start by adding 2 tablespoons of the lemon juice. Gradually add more lemon juice until a smooth paste forms that can flow.
5. Glaze the tops of each cake and let stand until glaze has set, at least 15 minutes. Serve & enjoy!
Makes 1 dozen.