Adapted from Crisco Canada
1 3/4 cups flour
4 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 cup lightly packed brown sugar
1/3 cup golden crisco shortening
1/3 cup currants
1/2 cup milk
1 tablespoon cream
2 tablespoons brown sugar
1. Preheat oven to 425°F and line baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. In a large bowl mix together flour, baking powder, and brown sugar. Cut in crisco with a pastry blender or two knives until the size of small peas. Stir in currants.
3. In a bowl whisk together egg and milk. Add to dry ingredients and stir with a fork until soft dough forms. Turn dough out onto a lightly floured surface and shape into a 7" wide round, about 1" thick.
4. Cut the round into 8 triangles and place onto baking sheet. Brush tops with cream and sprinkle with brown sugar. Bake 12-15 minutes or until golden brown and hollow sounding when gently tapped.
5. Let scones cool then serve with butter and jam if desired. Enjoy!