1 3/4 cups flour
3/4 cup cocoa powder
3/4 cup light brown sugar
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
3/4 teaspoon salt
1 cup milk
1/2 cup melted butter, cooled
2 teaspoons vanilla
2 teaspoon vinegar
4 ounces white chocolate, chopped
2 tablespoons dark chocolate spread or Nutella
1. Preheat oven to 375°F and line muffin pan with muffin cups.
2. In a large bowl whisk together flour, cocoa powder, brown sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Stir in white chocolate chunks and set aside.
3. In another bowl whisk together eggs, milk, cooled butter, vanilla, and vinegar. Add to dry ingredients and stir until just combined.
4. Divide batter among muffin cups filling, 3/4 full. Dip your finger in water and poke a hole in the center of the batter. Spoon or pip in about 1 teaspoon of chocolate spread. Top with 1 teaspoon of batter to cover.
5. Bake muffins for 20-25 minutes or until muffins are hollow sounding when lightly tapped on the bottom and are firm to the touch. Let cool to room temperature and then serve & enjoy!
Makes 1 dozen.