Adapted from The Frugal Girl
1 1/2 cups flour
1 cup rolled oats
1 cup packed brown sugar
3/4 teaspoon salt*
3/4 cup cold butter, cubed
1/2 cup chopped walnuts or pecans
2 cups fresh or frozen cranberries
1 cup pineapple chunks
3/4 cup sugar
juice of 1 orange
2 teaspoons cornstarch
1 teaspoon orange zest
1. Preheat oven to 350°F and grease 9x13" pan. In a small saucepan over medium heat mix together cranberries, pineapple, sugar, orange juice, and cornstarch.
2. Bring mixture to a boil, reduce heat and simmer until all cranberries have popped and mixture has thickened. Remove from heat.
3. In a bowl or food processor mix together flour, rolled oats, brown sugar, and salt. Cut in butter until mixture forms a crumbly texture. Stir in nuts. Reserve 2 cups of the mixture for the topping and press the remaining into the bottom of the prepared pan.
4. Spread filling evenly over the base, leaving about a 1/4" border from the sides of the pan. Sprinkle over the remaining 2 cups of the crumb mixture and press down slightly.
5. Bake squares for 25-30 minutes or until browned. Let cool completely before cutting into squares. Serve & enjoy!
*Omit salt if using salted butter. Store squares in an airtight container in the fridge.