2 1/2 cups flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
3 cups mincemeat (700ml jar)
1 can sweetend condensed milk (300ml)
1 cup mixed candied citrus peel
1 cup red and green glacé cherries
1 cup chopped nuts (I used pecans and walnuts)
1. Preheat oven to 300°F. Grease mini loaf pan then line each with a strip of parchment paper and grease again.
2. In a bowl sift together flour and baking soda. Set aside. In a large bowl mix together eggs, mincemeat, sweetened condensed milk, candied fruit, glacé cherries, and walnuts. Add dry ingredients and mix well.
3. Divide batter among molds, filling 3/4 full. Bake 35 minutes or until browned on top and toothpick comes out clean. Let cakes cool 15 minutes in the pan before placing onto a wire rack to cool.
4. Once cakes have cooled completely, brush with apricot jam and top with a thin layer of marzipan then decorate with glacé cherries if desired.
5. To store, wrap cakes individually in a layer of plastic wrap and place into a heavy duty freezer bag. When ready to serve, leave cakes out at room temperature for about an hour until thawed. Enjoy!
Makes 16 mini loaves. Happy Holidays!