Adapted from In The Mood For Food by Jo Pratt. Again, get out your scales! I'm enjoying this one from Ikea.
250 grams plain cookies (I used Social Tea Biscuits)
100 grams ground almonds
2 teaspoons ground ginger
75 grams butter, melted
675 grams cream cheese
200 grams caster sugar
3 tablespoons cornstarch
125ml whipping cream
125ml Bailey's Original Irish Cream
1. In a food processor, ground up plain cookies then mix in ground almonds, ground ginger, followed by melted butter until mixture is the texture of wet sand.
2. Press the cookie mixture into the bottom and half way up the side of a 22 to 24 cm springform pan. Cover and chill until firm in the fridge while preparing filling.
3. In a food processor, or use a hand mixer, mix cream cheese until smooth then blend in caster sugar and cornstarch. Blend in eggs, one at a time, until smooth. Blend in whipping cream and Bailey's until mixture is creamy and smooth.
4. Pour filling into prepared crust and then place pan into a roasting pan. Pour some hot water into the roasting pan, about 1-2 cm deep. Bake cheesecake at 350°F until no longer jiggly and golden brown on top, about 45-60 minutes.
5. Let cheesecake cool completely and then chill in the fridge 4 hours or overnight. Slice & serve!