2 cups flour
1/4 cup sugar
1 1/4 teaspoons baking powder
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup cold butter, cubed
1/2 cup chocolate chips (I used semi sweet)
1 teaspoon vanilla
2/3 cup to 3/4 cup buttermilk
1. Preheat oven to 400ºF and line baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. In a large bowl mix together flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Cut in butter until the size of peas then stir in chocolate chips.
3. Mix vanilla and buttermilk together then add to dry ingredients. Stir with a fork until soft dough forms. Turn out dough onto lightly floured surface and pat into a 7" wide circle, about 1" thick. Cut into 8 wedges.
4. Place wedges onto baking sheet and brush tops with some milk. Bake 15-20 minutes until scones are golden brown on the top and bottom as well as hollow sounding when lightly tapped.
5. Let scones cool a few minutes on the baking sheet before transfering to a wire rack to cool completely. Serve & enjoy!