1 box golden cake mix
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1 cup water
2 tablespoons cocoa powder
1/4 cup butter, softened
1/4 teaspoon vanilla
1 cup icing sugar
1 teaspoon instant coffee powder dissolved in 1 teaspoon boiling water
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease and flour 8" round deep dish cake pan.
2. Prepare cake mix according to package directions. Pour half of the batter into a seperate bowl and stir in cocoa powder until combined.
3. Layer cake batters on top of eachother, working towards the center of the pan. Click here for a great video tutorial.
4. Bake cake 30-40 minutes until golden brown and toothpick comes out clean. Let cake cool 10 minutes then turn out onto wire rack to cool completely.
5. In a large bowl cream together butter, icing sugar, and vanilla. Blend in 1/2 teaspoon of coffee mixture at a time until desired consistency and taste is met. Frost cake then serve & enjoy!