4 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 cup sugar
1/2 cup cold butter, cubed
1. Preheat oven to 425°F. Line baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. In a large bowl mix together flour, baking powder, salt, and sugar. Cut in butter until the size of small peas.
3. In a 1 cup measurer, whisk egg then fill cup to the top with milk and remove 2 tablespoons. Pour remaning mixture into the dry ingredients and stir until soft dough forms.
4. On a lightly floured surface form dough into ball and pat into a circle, about 1.5" thick. Cut circle into 12 wedges and place onto baking sheet. Brush tops with reserved egg mixture.
5. Bake 10-12 minutes until deep golden brown on the bottom and golden on top. Scones should also sound hollow when lightly tapped. Serve warm with butter and jam along with a cup of tea!
Makes 1 dozen.