Adapted from Laura In The Kitchen
1/2 cup sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 teaspoon lemon zest
1 cup flour
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 cup butter, melted
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease and flour madeleine pan and set aside.
2. In a large bowl, whisk together eggs and sugar until thickened and pale in colour, about 3-4 minutes on high speed.
3. Reduce speed and add the vanilla, lemon zest, flour, salt, and baking powder. Slowly drizzle in melted butter and mix until everything is combined.
4. Drop batter by tablespoonfuls into molds, filling about two-thirds full. Bake 8-12 minutes until edges are golden brown and toothpick comes out clean.
5. Turn out madelines and let cool completely. Serve & enjoy!
Makes about 20.