3/4 cup milk
3/4 tablespoon vinegar
1 cup flour
1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1 tablespoon sugar
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
2 tablespoons butter
1 tablespoon butter, melted
2 tablespoons whipping cream
1/8 teaspoon vanilla
1 cup icing sugar
1. Preheat oven to 450°F and grease doughnut pan. In a small bowl mix together milk and vinegar.
2. In a large bowl mix together flour, baking powder, sugar, salt, and baking soda. Cut in butter using a pastry blender or two knives until the size of small peas.
3. Stir in milk mixture just until lumpy batter forms, do not over mix. Pour batter into a large ziploc bag and cut the corner off to make filling the doughnut molds easier. Fill doughnut molds 1/2 way full and brush batter with melted butter.
4. Bake 8-10 minutes until golden brown on the bottom and a toothpick comes out clean. Turn out doughnuts onto wire rack to cool. For the glaze, in a small saucepan over low heat, warm the whipping cream and vanilla. Turn off heat and sift in icing sugar and whisk until smooth.
5. Glaze doughnuts and place back onto wire rack for glaze to set, about 5 minutes. Serve & enjoy!
Makes 8 doughnuts. This is my favorite baked doughnut as it doesn't taste like a cupcake in the shape of a doughnut. These are fluffy and delicious!