Saturday, April 7, 2012
Ultimate Oatmeal Cookies
3/4 cup butter, softened
3/4 cup packed brown sugar
1/2 cup sugar
2 tablespoons water
2 teaspoons vanilla
3/4 cup flour
1 teaspoon cinnamon
3/4 teaspoon baking soda
3 cups rolled oats
300g semi sweet chocolate chips
100g walnut pieces
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Line baking sheets with parchment paper.
2. In a large bowl cream together butter, sugars, egg, water, and vanilla until smooth and fluffy. Blend in flour, cinnamon, and baking soda until well combined.
3. In another bowl mix together rolled oats, chocolate chips, and walnut pieces. Add to butter mixture and stir until well combined.
4. Drop dough by tablespoonfuls onto baking sheet and flatten slightly. Bake 12-14 minutes until golden brown. Let cookies cool 3 minutes on baking sheet before transfering to wire rack to cool completely.
5. Serve cookies with a glass of milk & enjoy!
Makes 3 dozen. For best keeping, store cookies in an airtight container.