Adapted from Yoyomax12
1/2 cup butter, softened
1/2 cup vegetable shortening
3 oz (1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons) cream cheese, softened
2/3 cup sugar
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 cups flour
1. In a large bowl cream together butter, shortening, and cream cheese until smooth. Blend in sugar, egg, and vanilla until well combined.
2. In another bowl mix together flour and salt. Add to butter mixture stirring until soft dough forms. If you want to colour the dough, now would be the time to add gel food colour. Wrap dough in plastic wrap and chill about an hour in the fridge until firm.
3. The dough is very soft so you must chill it to prevent it from becoming sticky. Preheat oven to 375°F and line baking sheet with parchment paper.
4. Roll dough out between sheets of parchment paper until about 1/2" thick. Cut out or form desired shapes and place onto baking sheet.
5. Bake cookies 8-10 minutes until just golden brown on the bottom. Let firm up on baking sheet for about 5 minutes before transferring to wire rack to cool completely. Serve & enjoy!
I used this recipe to make Unicorn Poop Cookies. These cookies are not too sweet and soft in the center. For best keeping, store in an airtight container.