double crust pie dough (I used this one)
2 cups rhubarb, cut into 1/2" pieces
2 cups strawberries, sliced into quaters
1 cup sugar
3 tablespoons cornstarch
1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 teaspoon lemon juice
2 tablespoons butter, cut into small chunks
2 tablespoons milk
1 tablespoon sugar
1. Preheat oven to 400°F and line baking sheet with parchment paper or tin foil. Roll out pastry for bottom crust and fit into 9" pie plate.
2. In a bowl mix together sugar, cornstarch, and cinnamon. Sprinkle 2 tablespoons of sugar mixture over bottom crust. Place fruit into large bowl and stir in remaining sugar mixture. Pour fruit into pie shell and sprinkle over lemon juice then dot with butter.
3. Roll out pastry for top crust on lightly floured surface and cut into 8-10 1" wide stripes. Create lattice top crust then brush with milk and sprinkle with sugar.
4. Place pie onto baking sheet and bake 35-45 minutes until golden brown and fruit is bubbly and tender. Check to see if crust is over browning at 35 minutes, if so, cover crust with tin foil or a crust protector.
5. Remove pie from oven and let cool completely on a wire rack (about 4 hours). Once pie has reached room temperature slice and serve with custard or whipped cream. Enjoy!
For best keeping, store leftovers in the fridge, reheat before serving.