2 cups flour
1/2 cup rolled oats
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
3/4 teaspoon cinnamon
1 cup brown sugar
1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla
1 tablespoon rolled oats, for topping
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
2. In a bowl mix together flour, oats, baking soda, baking powder, salt, and cinnamon. Set aside.
3. In a large bowl beat eggs at medium speed while gradually adding sugar until smooth and light, about 1-2 minutes. Stir in vanilla followed by flour mixture to form sticky dough.
4. Divide dough in half, placing each half on a baking sheet. For each piece, form a 9 1/2" long, 2" wide, 3/4" tall rectangle. Smooth tops and sides with a wet knife or other flat utensil. Sprinkle rolled oats over top.
5. Bake logs for 20 minutes until golden brown on top and browned on the bottom. Let cool about 10 minutes. Brush tops and sides of logs with water before slicing to prevent crumbling. Use a serrated knife and slice 3/4" thick slices, you can slice straight or on a diagonal, however you like.
6. Stand pieces on baking sheet and bake at 325°F for 20-25 minutes until firm and dry. Let cool completely then serve & enjoy!
Makes 20-25. For best keeping, store biscotti in an airtight container.