Adapted from The Wooden Spoon
1/4 cup vegetable oil
1 cup mincemeat
1/2 cup milk
2 cups flour
1/4 cup sugar
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1/3 cup flour
1/4 cup water
1. Preheat oven to 400°F. Grease muffin pan with butter or margarine.
2. In a large bowl whisk together egg, oil, mincemeat, and milk. Set aside.
3. In another bowl mix together flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon. Add to wet ingredients and stir until just combined to make thick batter.
4. Using 1/4 cup measurer, divide batter among muffin cups, filling 3/4 full. In a bowl mix together flour and water until paste forms. Place into sandwich bag then cut off the corner and pipe on crosses.
5. Bake 15-18 minutes until toothpick comes out clean. Serve warm with a bit of butter and jam!
These muffins are mix between mincemeat tarts and hot cross buns! For best keeping store muffins in an airtight container.