1/2 cup sugar
1 tablespoon baking powder
1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1/2 cup milk
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/4 cup canola oil
1 tablespoon rainbow sprinkles (optional)
1/4 cup semi sweet or milk chocolate
1 tablespoon butter
1 tablespoon corn syrup
1 teaspoon hot water
1. Preheat oven to 450°F. Lightly grease doughnut pan (newest addition to the kitchen!).
2. In a bowl mix together flour, sugar, baking powder, nutmeg, and rainbow sprinkles.
3. In a small bowl whisk together egg, milk, vanilla, and canola oil. Add to dry ingredients and stir until combined. Pour batter into large freezer bag or piping bag. Cut off corner and then fill the doughnut cavities two-thirds full.
4. Bake 7-9 minutes until golden brown and toothpick comes out clean. Cool doughnuts in pan for 3 minutes then invert onto wire rack to cool completely.
5. For the chocolate glaze microwave chocolate chips, butter, and corn syrup in 30 second intervals until melted. Stir in hot water, more if needed, until mixture is thick and smooth.
6. For chocolate glaze: dip or spoon over doughnuts immediately. For cinnamon sugar: roll doughnuts in while they are still hot. For icing sugar: roll doughnuts in while they are warm. Serve & enjoy!