1 1/2 cups milk
1 1/2 tablespoons lemon juice
3 cups plus 2 tablespoons flour
3 tablespoons castor sugar
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
3 tablespoons cold butter
3/4 cup raisins
1. Preheat oven to 375°F. Line baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. In a small bow mix together milk and lemon juice. Set aside.
3. In a large bowl mix together flour, castor sugar, baking soda, and salt. Cut in butter until the size of peas. Stir in raisins.
4. Add milk mixture to dry ingredients and stir with a fork until soft dough forms. On a lightly floured surface, form dough into a 7" round circle, approximately 1 1/2 inches thick. Cut "X" across the top of the dough and place onto baking sheet.
5. Bake 40-50 minutes until bread is golden brown, toothpick comes out clean, and is hallow sounding when tapped on the bottom. Serve warm with butter & jam!
Happy St. Patrick's Day everyone!