2 1/4 cups cake flour
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 tablespoon poppyseeds
1/2 cup butter, softened
3/4 cup sugar
1 cup plain or honey greek yogurt
zest of 1 lemon
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/2 teaspoon lemon extract
1. Preheat oven to 400°F. Place muffin liners in muffin pan.
2. In a large bowl sift together cake flour, baking soda, and salt. Stir in poppyseeds and set aside.
3. In another large bowl, cream together butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Blend in eggs, one a time, until well incorporated. Stir in greek yogurt, followed by lemon zest, vanilla, and lemon extract.
4. Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients, stirring just until combined to form a thick batter. Divide batter among muffin liners, filling to the top.
5. Bake 18-20 minutes until golden brown and toothpick comes out clean. Serve & enjoy!
Makes 1 dozen.