1 cup flour
1/2 tablespoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
3 tablespoons margarine or softened butter
1/2 cup milk
1/4 cup sugar
1/2 tablespoon cinnamon
2 tablespoons butter, melted
1/3 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
1/2 cup icing sugar
3 teaspoons milk
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease 8x4" loaf pan.
2. In a large bowl mix together flour, baking powder, and salt. Cut in margarine until the size of peas then stir in milk until soft dough forms. Turn out dough onto lightly floured surface and lightly knead until no longer sticky.
3. Roll out dough until about 1/3" thick. Cut out circles then cut each circle into quarters. Coat dough pieces in cinnamon sugar.
4. Place half of the dough pieces into the loaf pan then drizzle with half the melted butter and sprinkle with half of the chopped walnuts. Place remaining dough pieces into pan and drizzle with remaining melted butter and walnuts. Place loaf pan onto baking sheet.
5. Bake 30-35 minutes until golden brown and toothpick comes out clean. Let bread cool 10 minutes, then turn out onto serving plate and drizzle with glaze. Serve warm & enjoy!
Makes 1 loaf.