3/4 cup flour
1/4 cup cocoa powder
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 cup sugar
1/3 cup water
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/2 cup butter, softened
2 cups icing sugar
1 teaspoon orange zest
1-2 tablespoons orange juice
1. Preheat oven to 375°F. Grease and line a swiss roll pan (15x10") with parchment paper and grease paper. In a small bowl, sift together flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, and salt.
2. Beat eggs until foamy, thick and lemon coloured, about 5 minutes at high speed. Gradually beat in sugar followed by water and vanilla on low speed. Finally blend in the flour mixture until batter is smooth.
3. Pour batter into pan and spread smooth. Bake 12 minutes until toothpick comes out clean. Immediately invert cake onto a tea towel which has been dusted with icing sugar. Roll up cake and let cool completely.
4. For the filling, in a large bowl cream butter, half of icing sugar, and orange zest. Gradually blend in remaning icing sugar and orange juice until desired consistency is met.
5. Unroll cake and spread with orange buttercream. Roll up cake then slice & serve!
Serves 12. For best keeping, store cake in an airtight container in the fridge.