Recipe from Martha Stewart
4 cups flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup butter, softened
2 cups sugar
2 teaspoons vanilla
1. In a large bowl mix together flour, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
2. In another large bowl, cream together sugar and butter, add eggs and vanilla and mix until fluffy.
3. Gradually blend in flour mixture a little at a time, you may need to use your hands to mix in the flour.
4. Divide the dough in half, flatten each half into a disk. Wrap in plastic and chill until firm, at least one hour.
5. Heat oven to 350°F. Roll out dough between two sheets of parchment or wax paper and cut out into shapes or pinch off portion of dough and form into desired shape about 1/4" thick.
6. Bake until edges are just golden brown about 8-12 minutes depending on your cookie sheet.
Check out yoyomax12's video tutorial on how to make Melting Snowman Cookies!