2 cups flour
4 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 cup sugar
1/2 cup cold butter, cubed
1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons raisins
3/4 cup milk
1. Preheat oven to 425°F. Line baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. In a large bowl mix together flour, baking powder, salt, and sugar. Cut in butter until the size of small peas. Stir in raisins.
3. In a 1 cup measurer, whisk egg then fill cup to the top with milk and remove 2 tablespoons. Pour remaning mixture into the dry ingredients and stir until soft dough forms.
4. On a lightly floured surface form dough into ball and pat into a 1.5" thick round. Cut into desired scone shapes and place onto baking sheet. Brush tops with reserved egg mixture.
5. Bake 12-14 minutes until deep golden brown on the bottom and golden on top. Scones should also sound hollow when tapped on the bottom. Serve warm with butter and jam!
Best served with a cup of tea!
|Cookies make good gifts!|