1 cup flour
1/4 cup cocoa powder
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 cup sugar
1/3 cup water
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 cups whipping cream
1/2 cup icing sugar
2 tablespoons cocoa powder
1. Preheat oven to 375°F. Grease and line a swiss roll pan (15x10") with parchment paper.
2. In a bowl sift together flour, cocoa, baking powder, and salt.
3. In a large bowl, beat eggs until thick, foamy, and lemon coloured, about 8-10 minutes at high speed. Gradually beat in sugar then stir in water and vanilla. Blend in dry ingredients.
4. Pour batter into prepared pan and bake 12 minutes until toothpick comes out clean.
5. Invert cake immediately from oven onto a tea towel dusted with cocoa. Peel off parchement paper then roll up cake with towel, starting from short end. Place cake seam side down onto a wire rack to cool completely.
7. For filling, in a large bowl whip cream, icing sugar, and cocoa powder. Whip until soft peaks form, then cover and chill 1 hour or until ready to serve cake.
8. Unroll cooled cake. Spread half the filling into the swiss roll, roll up, then frost the cake with remaining cream. Decorate as desired then serve & enjoy!
For best keeping, store in an airtight container in the fridge. Happy Holidays everyone!