2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
1 cup sugar
1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla
1 cup eggnog
1/2 cup butter, melted
1 cup icing sugar
1-2 tablespoons milk
red and green food colouring
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease and flour 9x5" loaf pan or star shaped baking pan.
2. In a bowl whisk together flour, baking powder, salt, and nutmeg. Set aside.
3. In a large bowl whisk together eggs and sugar until combined. Whisk in vanilla, eggnog, and melted butter. Add flour mixture all at once and stir to combined, don't over mix, the batter will be lumpy.
4. Pour batter into pan and bake for 45-55 minutes until golden brown and toothpick comes out clean.
5. Cool 15 minutes then losen edges with a knife and turn out onto wire rack. Let cool completely before icing.
6. For icing, in small bowl mix together icing sugar and enough milk until desired consistency is met. Colour with red food colouring and green food colouring. Drizzle both colours over cake and top with sprinkles. Let icing set then serve & enjoy!
|First time using this Ikea pan and I love it!|