2 cups flour
1 tablespoon orange zest
1/2 cup dried cranberries
1/3 cup butter, softened
2/3 cup sugar
2 teaspoons vanilla
1/2 tablespoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
melted chocolate (any kind), for drizzling
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
2. In a bowl mix together flour, orange zest, and dried cranberries. Set aside.
3. In a large bowl, blend together butter, sugar, vanilla, baking powder, and salt until smooth. Blend in eggs until well combined, mixture will look curdled. Gradually blend in flour mixture until soft dough forms.
4. Form dough into a ball, divide in half, placing each half on a baking sheet. For each piece, form a 9 1/2" long, 2" wide, 3/4" tall rectangle. Smooth tops and sides with a wet knife or other flat utensil.
5. Bake for 25 minutes until just lightly browned on top. Let cool 15-20 minutes.
6. Brush tops and sides with water before slicing to prevent crumbling. Use a serrated knife and slice 3/4" thick slices, you can slice straight or on a diagonal, however you like.
7. Stand slices up on baking sheet and bake at 325°F for 25-30 minutes until firm and dry.
8. Cool completely, then drizzle with melted chocolate. Once chocolate has set, serve & enjoy!
Makes approximately 20-25 biscotti.