1/2 cup butter, softened
1 cup packed brown sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 ounces (2 squares) bittersweet chocolate, melted and cooled
1 2/3 cups flour
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup milk
1/2 cup chopped walnuts
1 cup melted white chocolate
holly sprinkles (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Line baking sheets with parchment paper.
2. In a large bowl cream together butter and brown sugar. Add vanilla, egg, and cooled chocolate, mixing until combined.
3. In another bowl mix together flour, baking soda, and salt. Gradually add flour to butter mixture, alternating with milk. Stir in chopped walnuts. Place tablespoonfuls onto baking sheets, space about 2" apart.
4. Bake 8-10 minutes until golden brown around the edges and cookies are just set in the center. Let cool 2 minutes on the pan before transfering to wire rack to cool completely.
5. Once cookies have cooled, place about 1 tablespoon melted white chocolate on top then top with holly sprinkles and dust with icing sugar if desired. Serve & enjoy!
Makes 2 dozen. These cookies are light and cakey!