1/2 cup warm water
1 package yeast
2 cups milk
1/2 cup butter, melted
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon sugar
3 cups flour, sifted
2 eggs, beaten
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1. In a small bowl, place warm water and yeast. Let sit until yeast has dissolved and mixture is creamy in texture, about 10 minutes.
2. Meanwhile, in a saucepan over medium heat, heat milk until just bubbly around the edges and warm, do not boil.
3. In a large bowl mix together salt, sugar, and sifted flour. Pour over warm milk, melted butter, and yeast mixture. Blend until smooth. Cover with plastic wrap and let sit at room temperature overnight.
4. In the morning, stir in beaten eggs and baking soda until well combined and mixture is smooth.
5. Heat waffle iron, pour 1/3 cup batter for each and cook waffles until golden brown on both sides. Serve warm with butter and syrup!
Makes 20 waffles. For best keeping store in an airtight container in the fridge, or freeze in heavy duty freezer bags.