1/2 cup sugar
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 package yeast
4 cups flour
1 cup milk
1/4 cup butter or margarine
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup dark raisins
1/2 cup walnuts (optional)
1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
1/4 cup butter or margarine, melted
1 1/2 cups icing sugar
2-3 tablespoons milk
1. In a large bowl, combine sugar, yeast, salt and 1 cup flour.
2. In a saucepan over medium heat, heat milk and butter, until butter has melted and milk is warm.
3. Beat melted butter milk mixture into dry ingredients for 2 minutes at medium spead.
4. Beat in 1 egg and 1 cup of flour for about 2 minutes.
5. Stir in 1 1/2 cups flour and knead until smooth, about 10 minutes, adding more flour as needed.
6. Shape dough into ball, place into greased bowl and cover. Let rise in warm place until doubled in bulk, about an hour.
7. Punch down and turn onto floured surface, let rest 15 minutes.
8. In a small bowl, combine brown sugar, cinnimon, raisins, and walnuts.
9. Roll out dough into 18x12" rectangle, brush with half of melted butter and sprinkle over sugar mixture. Roll up like jelly roll then score and cut into 12 pieces (about 1.5" thick). Place onto parchment paper lined baking sheets then let rise until doubled in bulk, about 40 minutes. Brush tops with remaning melted butter.
10. Bake at 400°F for 15-20 minutes until golden brown. For icing, stir icing sugar and milk together until smooth. Spoon over cooled cinnamon buns, let set then serve & enjoy!
Makes 1 dozen.