1 cup flour
2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 tablespoons icing sugar
1 tablespoon butter or margarine
1 tablespoon shortening
1/2 cup milk
1/2 cup cream cheese, soft
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 tablespoons sugar
1/3 cup raspberry jam
1. Preheat oven to 400°F. In a bowl mix together cream cheese, vanilla, and sugar until smooth. Set aside.
2. In a large bowl, mix together flour, baking powder, salt, and icing sugar. Cut in butter and shortening until the size of peas. Using fork, still in milk until soft dough forms.
3. Roll out dough on a lightly floured surface until 1/4" thick. Spread cream cheese mixture over, leaving 1/2" gap from edges. Spread raspberry jam over creamcheese.
4. Roll up dough starting at long end. Slice into 1.5" thick pieces and place on a parchment paper lined baking sheet. Bake 12-14 minutes until pinwheels have puffed up and are golden brown.
5. Let cool completely before serving & enjoy!