1 cup butter or margarine, softened
1 1/2 cups sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 1/2 cups smooth peanut butter
3 cups flour
1 1/2 teaspoons salt
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 1/2 cups strawberry jam or preserves
1 cup peanut butter buttercream
30 Reese's Pieces
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Line 9x13" pan with parchment paper and grease.
2. In a large bowl cream butter, sugar, eggs, vanilla and peanut butter.
3. In another bowl mix together flour, salt, baking powder. Gradually add dry ingredients to butter mixture.
4. Press 2/3 of dough into bottom of pan. Spread over jam in a thin layer leaving 1/2" gape from the edges. Form and press remaining dough over top.
5. Bake 45 minutes until golden brown on the bottom. Cool completely before cutting to allow bars to firm up.
6. Frost tops of bars with peanut butter buttercream if desired, and decorate with Reese's Pieces. Serve & enjoy!
Makes 30 2"x1.5" bars.