This simple twist on a classic Italian dessert requires no eggs or mascarpone cheese!
2 tablespoons instant coffee powder or granules
1 tablespoon sugar
1 cup boiling water
1 cup cream cheese, at room temperature
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
1/4 cup sugar
1 cup plus 2 tablespoons whipped topping
20 Italian lady finger cookies
1 tablespoon cocoa powder
1. In a glass bowl, mix together instant coffee, sugar, and water until everything has dissolved. Set aside.
2. In a large bowl, cream together cream cheese, vanilla, and sugar. Gently fold and stir in whipped topping.
3. Dip half of the lady fingers, one at a time, into coffee mixture for 1-2 seconds then place into bottom of 8x8" dish. Gently spread half of cream cheese mixture over top.
4. Dip remaining lady finger cookies into coffee, one at time, and place on top of cream cheese mixture. Spread remaining cream cheese mixture over cookies.
5. Cover dish with plastic wrap and chill in fridge 3-4 hours until set. Slice, dust top with cocoa powder, and serve!