1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
3/4 cup brown sugar
1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla
1/4 cup vegetable oil
3/4 cup milk
1 cup coconut
1/2 cup raspberry jam mixed with 1 tablespoon water
1 tablespoon butter or magarine
2 tablespoons sugar
1 tablespoon milk
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 tablespoons cocoa powder
1 cup icing sugar, sifted
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Line 8x4" loaf pan with parchment paper and grease.
2. In a large bowl mix together flour, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
3. In another bowl, whisk together egg and sugar. Add vanilla, vegetable oil, and milk. Add dry ingredients and stir until combined. Stir in coconut.
4. Alternate layers of batter and jam, starting and finishing with batter. Bake 50-60 minutes until toothpick inserted comes out clean, cover with tin foil after 45 minutes of baking to prevent over browning. Let cool completely.
5. For icing, in a saucepan, place butter and sugar, stir constantly until butter has melted. Remove from heat and stir in milk, vanilla, cocoa powder, and icing sugar. Working quickly, pour icing over loaf.
6. Let icing set then slice & serve!
|A yummy rich loaf!|