1 1/2 cups flour
1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
3/4 cup sugar
1 apple, peeled, cored, and grated
1/3 cup vegetable oil
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
1/2 cup + 2 tablespoons milk
1 cup icing sugar
2-3 teaspoons apple juice or milk
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon + 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg, for sprinkling
1. Preheat oven to 375°F. Grease and flour muffin pan.
2. In a large bowl mix together flour, baking powder, salt, and sugar. Stir in grated apple.
3. In a small bowl whisk together egg, vegetable oil, vanilla, and milk. Add to dry ingredients and stir until combined.
4. Divide batter among muffin cups, filling 2/3 full. Bake 18-20 minutes until golden brown and toothpick comes out clean. Let cool before icing.
5. For icing mix together icing sugar and apple juice. Spoon icing over each muffin then sprinkle with a pinch of spices.