1 1/2 cups flour
2 teaspoon baking power
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
3/4 cup sugar
1/4 cup canola oil
3/4 cup milk
1 teaspoon vanilla
6 tablespoons butter or margarine, melted
1/3 cup sugar
1/3 cup sugar mixed with 1/2 tablespoon cinnamon
1/4 cup strawberry or raspberry jam
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease mini muffin pan well.
2. In a large bowl mix together flour, baking powder, salt, and nutmeg.
3. In another bowl cream together egg and sugar, add canola oil, milk, and vanilla. Add to dry ingredients and stir until combined. Pour batter into heavy duty plastic bag and snip the corner for easy filling.
4. Divide batter among muffin cups, filling 3/4 full. Bake 12-15 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.
5. For jam filled doughnut muffins: while muffins are warm, roll them into melted butter then sugar. Cool for a few minutes before filling them. To fill, place jam into a piping bag fitted with a coupler and tip of your choice. Inject jam into doughnut muffins.
6. For cinnamon sugar doughnut muffins: while muffins are warm, roll them into melted butter then into cinnamon sugar.
7. Serve & enjoy! Store muffin doughnuts in an airtight container in the fridge.
Makes 2 dozen.