2 cups flour
1 tablespoon baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1/3 cup butter or magarine, cold
1/3 cup chopped green onion
1 cup grated mozzarella or cheddar cheese
3/4 cup milk
1 egg yolk, for brushing
1. Preheat oven to 425°F. Line baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. In a large bowl mix together flour, baking powder, salt, pepper, and garlic powder. Cut in butter using a pastry blender or two knives, until the butter is the size of peas. Stir in cheese and onion.
3. Pour milk into flour mixture and stir with a fork until dough forms. Bring dough together on a lightly floured surface, and pat out until 1" thick. *The secret with biscuits and scones is to handle dough as little as possible and don't roll out the dough too thin!
4. Using cookie cutters, cut out desired biscuit shapes. Place onto baking sheet and brush tops with egg yolk. Bake 12-14 minutes until golden brown, puffed up and flaky.
5. Serve warm with butter & enjoy!
Makes eight 3" round biscuits.