Monday, August 1, 2011

Buttermilk Pancakes

1 cup flour
2 tablespoons sugar
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 cup buttermilk
1 egg
3 tablespoons butter or margarine, melted
vegetable oil, for pan

1. In a large bowl mix together flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and sugar.
2. In a smaller bowl whisk together buttermilk, egg, and melted butter. Add to dry ingredients and stir just until combined. Let batter sit 5 minutes.
3. Preheat pan over medium heat and brush with vegetable oil. Scoop batter in heaped tablespoons full and cook about 2 minutes per side until golden brown.
4. Serve warm & enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. Yummy I love pancakes! these look great!
    Can I add a link to your blog on my blog?

    ReplyDelete
  2. oops, I forgot to change my account... I am sandy aka Slolita1 from Easy cooking on youtube... sorry

    ReplyDelete