1/4 cup shortening
1 cup sugar
1 1/2 cups mashed ripe banana (about 2 large)
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 1/2 cups flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 cup chopped caramels
1/2 cup chopped pecans
2 tablespoons butter
1/4 cup packed brown sugar
1 tablespoon milk
1 cup icing sugar, sifted
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Line muffin pan with paper liners. Grease top of muffin pan well.
2. In a large bowl cream shortening, sugar, and egg. Stir in mashed banana and vanilla. Set aside.
3. In another bowl, stir together flour, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon. Add to wet ingredients and stir just until combined. Stir in chopped pecans and caramels.
4. Divide batter among muffin cups, filling about 3/4 full. Bake 20-25 minutes until golden brown and toothpick comes out clean. Remove muffins from pan immediately to prevent caramel from sticking!
5. For icing, in a small saucepan, melt butter over medium heat. Stir in brown sugar and boil for 45 seconds, whisking constantly. Remove from heat and whisk in milk and sifted icing sugar until smooth.
6. Working quickly before icing sets, spoon about 1 tablespoon over each muffin and top with a pecan. Let icing set and serve & enjoy!