1 1/2 cups flour
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/8 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 cup shortening
1 egg, beaten
1 cup apple preserves
1. Preheat oven to 375°F. Grease 8x8" baking dish and line it with parchment paper, overhanging pan for easy removal.
2. In a large bowl mix together flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt. Cut in shortening and blend in egg to form crumbly dough. Press 1/2 of dough into bottom of dish.
3. Spread apple preserves over bottom crust, leaving a 1/4" border around the edges. Sprinkle remaining dough over top.
4. Bake 25-30 minutes until golden brown and bubbly. Let cool completely before cutting into bars.
5. Drizzle with caramel sauce if desired. Serve & enjoy!