Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Vanilla Buttercream

1 cup unsalted butter, softened OR 100% vegetable oil solid margarine*, softened
4 cups icing sugar, sifted
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 tablespoon vanilla
4 tablespoons milk

1. Cream butter or margarine until smooth. Stir in salt, vanilla, and milk along with 1 cup icing sugar. Blend in remaining icing sugar.
2. For best keeping, store in airtight container in fridge.

*I've been using margarine lately in my buttercreams, I find it not only tastes just as good, but also it's cheaper and as great to use as butter.

Campfire cupcakes! Super cute and fun to make.

2 comments:

  1. These look really beautiful!! What kind of cupcakes are these? The buttercream icing is one of my favorites! Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  2. Also here is the link to the video I got the campfire cupcakes idea from:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=He0_Ybvb18w

    ReplyDelete