2 to 3 cups fresh raspberries
1 cup sliced strawberries
1/4 cup sugar
2 tablespoons peach chardonnay
10 giant lady finger cookies (you can substitute for cake or any sponge cookie)
raspberry jello (10g)
cherry jello (10g)
2 cups boiling water
2 cups cold water
1/4 cup Bird's custard powder
3 tablespoons sugar
2 1/2 cups milk
1 250ml carton whipping cream
1/4 cup icing sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
handful of fresh raspberries
I went raspberry picking this week!
1. Toss raspberries and strawberries with sugar and peach wine.
2. Layer lady fingers along bottom and sides of bowl.
3. Pour fruit mixture over lady fingers.
4. Mix together strawberry and raspberry jello powder. Stir in boiling water until crystals melt, then stir in cold water. Pour jello mixture over fruit and cover dish with tin foil. Place in fridge until jello has set.
5. While jello is setting, prepare custard. In a large sauce pan, whisk together custard powder, sugar, and milk over medium heat until thickened. Pour custard over set jello. Let custard set in fridge.
6. In a large bowl whip whipping cream, icing sugar, and vanilla until stiff peaks form. Top trifle with whipped cream, raspberries and chocolate shavings.
7. Serve & enjoy!